The reason why I decided to send out this short on-page SEO checklist was because I recently bought an SEO guide that was announced to be 100% Panda and Penguin safe and to be one of the best SEO courses on the market.
Unfortunately, I was hugely disappointed when I started reading the guide: There were about 30 pages of on-page SEO tips and tricks many of them completely useless and even dangerous.
One of those tips were to put your keyword together with 2 related keywords at the beginning of your page and at the very end of your page in the same color as your page background so that it is not visible to the human reader but only to the search engines.
Come on, those sort of tricks were used 10 years ago. Nowadays those kinds of things are completely useless and they may even harm the rankings of your site. Ok, back to our 5 minute on-page SEO checklist. Here are the things I do for on-page optimization:
- Buy a domain name that contains your most important keyword. The domain name can have 1-2 dashes, but I usually dont like more than 2. No need to use words like: the, a, for, of in your domain name. Also, I recommend you stick to .com .org or .net domains.
- Use the keyword for which you would like to optimize a specific page in the page url for example:
- Add your keyword to your Title tag
- Add your main keyword and if possible a secondary keyword to your Meta Description tag.
- If you are using WordPress, use a plugin like All In One SEO or Yoast.
- Use your keyword in your headline and use a different headline text than your Title text. Also, try to use your keyword and some related keywords in some of your sub headlines throughout your article.
- Use your main keyword at the beginning of your article or blog post, at the end of it and maybe 2-3 times in your article (depending on the lengths of your article).
There aren’t really any magic on-page SEO tricks that allow boosting your rankings just like our one of the top client Ace Rolloff. Improving your rankings is mostly about off-page SEO Link building and generating social buzz.
There’s nothing like having qualified customers finding you, coming to your site and wanting the solution YOU offer. One of our clients, that sells a computer spyware software program went from having absolutely no site traffic to now over 5,000 visitors a month, check them out here.